Come on get happy!
June is a great month to focus on happiness. There are all kinds of great things going on that create happiness for families everywhere. Graduations and weddings fill this month’s calendar, but on a more personal note, how are you going to experience happiness this month?
- Start a gratitude journal.Write five things down at the end of the day that you really appreciated. You will not believe how this energy grows and before you know it you will be experiencing so much appreciation in your life for all the wonderful small things you never noticed before.
- Connect with nature. Now is the prettiest time of year, whether you live at the beach, the mountains or even in a city. Flowers are in bloom and people are embracing the warm weather and wearing colorful, fun fashions. Take walks, take pictures, create a vision board of all the beautiful things you see outside. Pinterest is an invite only social media site which is a great tool for sharing images online. If you are not already on Pinterest ask me for an invite. If you are, .
- Connect with animals. Being around animals brings a wonderful feeling of connection that you can’t find anywhere else and Summer is the perfect time of year to adopt a pet. Local shelters have many cat and dogs of all ages and temperaments just waiting to be adopted. If you’re not ready for a full time commitment, why not get your dose of complete and unconditional love by pet sitting for a friend, volunteering at a local shelter or fostering a shelter pet until a suitable home can be found.
- Volunteer. Helping others just feels good. This time of year there are tons of charitable events to get involved in: participate in a walk or run for a charity that is important to you; join your community garden or start one; donate your time to local organizations that help kids or the elderly. When you give you feel so much better than when you are receiving.
- Celebrate. There are so many wonderful events happening in June. The founding of Alcoholics Anonymous, Father’s Day, Flag Day, Summer Solstice, outdoor concerts and street fairs and Take Your Dog to Work Day, one of my dog, Hannah’s favorites. Get out there and be HAPPY, it’s contagious!
Happiness is an important seed in the garden of our soul. I love this quote which really describes how we are each responsible for our own happiness and the need for it to nourish and grow.
Mal Duane is a Best Selling Author and Personal Life and Recovery Coach who has overcome life challenges using the steps in the Alpha Chick Process. Her personal mission is to help women excel in all areas of their lives from business to personal relationships. Mal has been featured with Fox 25 Boston Morning Show, Aspire Magazine, Healthy Living and Metrowest Daily News. She has also been a featured guest on over thirty Blogtalk Radio shows discussing recovery and personal transformation.
Mal’s book, Alpha Chick, Five Steps for Moving from Pain to Power, is a best selling book and is available on Amazon.com.